Miss Madison Street Festival Pageant ApplicationPublished 3:56pm Monday, May 23, 2011
Miss Madison Street Festival Pageant
A Subsidiary of the Madison Street Festival
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Miss Madison Street Festival Pageant
October 1, 2011
Now accepting applications
Girls between the ages of 14 and 17 and looking for an opportunity to earn scholarship money and make new friends … well we’ve got the answer. Miss Madison Street Festival is an excellent opportunity to earn scholarship money. Participating in the pageant will afford you the opportunity to polish skills that will help you later in life. Your poise and grace will shine throughout the pageant. Miss Madison Street Festival can help you improve your public speaking and interview skills and of course, make new friends! Pageant participation and community involvement look great on resumes and college applications. We hope you will decide to be part of the pageant. Applications are due September 3rd and are available at the Madison Public Library, The Madison Record, WAY-FM, the YMCA and all area high schools. We look forward to seeing you October 1st at Miss Street Festival!
We are delighted by your interest in the Madison Street Festival Pageant. The pageant will be Saturday, October 1st at 3 p.m. at the Gazebo stage Downtown Madison. Miss Madison Street Festival is an excellent opportunity to earn scholarship money. Participating in the pageant will also afford you the opportunity to polish skills that will help you later in life. Your poise and grace will shine throughout the pageant. Miss Madison Street Festival can help you improve your public speaking and interview skills and of course, make new friends! Pageant participation and community involvement looks great on resumes and college applications. We hope you will decide to be part of the pageant. Please read the following guidelines and return the completed entry form and $50 entry fee by September 3, 2011. We look forward to hearing from you!
Miss Madison Street Festival Guidelines and Important Information
- Contestant must be between the ages of 14 and 17, never married and of good moral character.
- Must be a high school student between the in grades 9 through 11 and maintain a “C” average.
- Must be a single female, never married, divorced, never pregnant, nor may become pregnant or married during reign.
- Judging will be based upon natural facial beauty, grooming poise, personality and overall appearance.
- Entrant agrees the judge’s decision is FINAL
- All Contestants, parents and patrons are to behave in a friendly, respectful manner. Hostility and rudeness will not be tolerated.
- During the announcing of the contestants the last names of the contestants will not be used. While on stage the only announced things will be: first name, age, eye color, grade, hobbies/interest, ambitions, sports, etc.
- All participants will be required to write a minimum of a 100-word essay describing what the “Street Festival Means to Them”. Essay will count for 25% of final score.
- Must be a resident of Madison.
- Entry Fee is $50 and is to be submitted with application no later that 09-03-11.
- Sarah Brewer is the pageant photographer. Pictures will be taken September 13th & 15th. Appointment scheduling is the responsibility of the contestant and can be made by calling 256.542.8070. The picture is for the newspaper that will publish on September 23rd & September 24th.
- Rehearsal will Sunday, September 25th at 2pm at the Gazebo Street stage in Downtown Madison. Please bring the shoes you will wear in the pageant.
- Contestants should wear their “Miss Madison Street Festival T-shirt” (will be provided) to practice on Sunday, September 25th.
- $300 awarded to First Place, $200 to Second Place and $100 to Third Place
- Miss Madison Street Festival Association reserves the right to reject any contestant.
Responsibilities of the Street Festival Queen
- To be available at any time during the day of the Street Festival to serve as an official hostess of the event for the following year.
- Not to partake in any alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, or using any illegal drugs, No public fighting, swearing or conduct unbecoming the title bearer while holding the newly earned title.
- To obtain approval in advance from the Street Festival Committee for all personal appearances, as well as any photographic sessions and pictures released as the Street Festival Queen.
- It is the responsibility of a parent or guardian of the Street Festival Queen to provide all transportation to and from events during the weekend of the Street Festival and all other public appearances relating to the Street Festival.
- To continue community involvement pertaining to the Street Festival and serve as a teen liaison on the Street Festival Committee for one year
- Serve as the Grand Marshal for the Street Festival Parade (following year) MSF has the right to reject.
- Make appearances as deemed necessary by the Street Festival Committee President
Your participation will ensure another fun and exciting pageant. Again, thank you for your interest in Miss Madison Street Festival. Please contact me personally with any questions. I look forward to working with you!
Contestant’s Name: ___________________________________________
Mailing Address: _____________________________________________
Home Phone: ______________ Cell Phone (if applicable): ___________
Parent’s Name: _______________________________________________
School Currently Attending: _____________________________________
Grade or Class: _________________T-shirt Size: ____________________
Age: _______ Hair Color: _______ Eye Color: _______ Height: ______
School Activities: _____________________________________________
Community Interest: ___________________________________________
*Please continue school activities and community interest on back if necessary.*
______________________________ has my permission to enter the Miss Madison Street Festival – Pageant. I have read and reviewed the rules and guidelines of the Miss Madison Street Festival Pageant. _________________________________ (Parent or Guardian)
** Completed application and $50.00 check, payable to Madison Street Festival, should be mailed to the following address no later than September 3, 2011. Numbers will be assigned based on order that application is received. **
Madison Street Festival
Attn: Erica Slone
P.O. Box 1037
Madison, AL 35758
W– 256.772.6677 C- 859.893.6700