Firefighters respond to chimney firePublished 7:59pm Sunday, February 12, 2012
Shortly after noon on Sunday Monrovia and Harvest volunteer firefighters responded to a chimney fire.
The home located at 119 Erle Phillips Road located just off of Jeff Road in the Monrovia community suffered minor damage to the chimney as well as some damage to the interior of the home.
According to Assistant Chief Dale Strong “firefighters had to cut a hole in the wall near the fireplace due to fire being in the insulation”. Strong said no injuries were reported but Hemsi responded as a precautionary measure.