Sparkman Middle School

Archived Story

Smoke filled school spurs evacuation

Published 12:09pm Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sparkman Middle School was evacuated this morning due to smoke filling the building.

School officials called 911 around 10:30 a.m. this morning when smoke was seen filling the hallways of Sparkman Middle School located on Carters Gin Rd in Madison County.

Firefighters from both Toney and Harvest VFDs responded to the scene and discovered that a seized up air conditoner motor was the blame for the smoke. All students were allowed to return back to class once the smoke was removed from the building and the all clear was given.

Editor's Picks