College Fair to guide Madison County studentsPublished 8:14pm Thursday, August 22, 2013
MADISON COUNTY – The 2013 College Fair for juniors and seniors in Madison County Schools will be held Sept. 6.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville will host the events in the University Fitness Center. A session for parents will meet on Sept. 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. Representatives from college campuses across the country will participate and share beneficial information with students.
Each high school will have separate slots:
* Buckhorn High School, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Hazel Green High School, 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. or 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
* New Hope High School, 9 to 10 a.m. or noon to 1 p.m.
* Madison County High School, 10 to 11 a.m. or 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
* Sparkman High School, 10 to 11 a.m. or 1 to 2 p.m.
“UAH is graciously providing the space, equipment, coordination and hospitality for this event, and much effort will be going into preparing for this wonderful opportunity for the students in Madison County Schools,” Dr. Sandra W. Spivey said. Spivey works as director of secondary education for the county schools.
“As has been the case for the past three years, UAH will also be paying for transportation to and from the College Fair. This will save our school system several thousand dollars. We are very appreciative of the generosity in providing this opportunity for our students,” Spivey said.
For more information, call Spivey at 256-852-2557, extension 61720 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.